Yesterday I did two back to back runs for the second day in a row and was pretty proud. I did 5 morning miles followed up by another 5 evening miles.
This made it a total of 18 in two days and 35 for the week (before today). Treadie (the treadmill) and I are getting along better, but she’s pretty boring. I also wish the gym, as beautiful as it is, knew how to crank on the air! It gets so hot and stuffy that I’d almost rather be outside!
It’s been really nice getting up all week in the morning and getting my heart rate up before the sun peeks out. With the summer on the horizon, and the humidity thick in the air…. I believe I will be making this a habit, with just a few PM runs throughout the week. Plus, I’m nicer in the mornings when this happens, remember? (My fiancé thinks she’s so funny!)
Brooks Running came out with a new Run Happy Shoe. I need this in a size 9.5 please. With whipped cream and a cherry on top!
The night before I pretty much raided the fridge outside of carrots and eggs. So, the sweet fiancé order Yardhouse via Grub Hub and it had been delivered by the time o got back from my PM run.
I got a big Cobb salad with extra everything and added salmon. Yum!
During my run I had listened to a great podcast featuring Sara And Ryan Hall. They are such incredible people and athletes, and it was touching to hear their story of adopting 4 sisters from Ethiopia. Very faith and family oriented!
The following contain affiliate links and are my favorite items of this past week.
The following books are my favorite of the week. They provide inspiration, advice and help keep that fire for running alive! I have more at this link – https://roadrunnerchick.com/my-gear/
- 26 Marathons: What I Learned About Faith, Identity, Running, and Life from My Marathon Career
- Meb For Mortals: How to Run, Think, and Eat like a Champion Marathoner – He’s such an inspiration!
- To Be a Runner: How Racing Up Mountains, Running with the Bulls, or Just Taking On a 5-K Makes You a Better Person (and the World a Better Place) – Very motivational. Running makes us kinder… at least that’s what my fiance tells me. LOL
This fuel that got me through my 40 mile week:
- Nanohydr8 Extreme Twelve Pack – 4oz Preworkout Shooters
- GU Energy Original Sports Nutrition Energy Gel, Assorted Flavors, 24-Count Box – I wouldn’t have survived the last 10 years, more less the last week without it.
Other comforting things:
- UGG Women’s Dakota Moccasin Slipper – These feel so good on my feet after my running shoes come off.
- Original Tiger Tail Massage Stick Hand Foam Roller – This does NOT always feel good, but it’s not supposed to 🙂 I’m trying to be better about rolling after I run.
- I Turtley Love You Coffee Mug Turtle – We eat have one 🙂
- Bath Bombs Gift Set 12 x 3.5 oz, Fizzies Spa Bath Bombs with Organic and Natural Shea Butter Perfect for Dry Skin Moisturize, Handmade – Soothing and relaxing. Always.
- Audible Gift Memberships – Listen to audio books while you run. I love this as I get tired of music and downloading a new podcast every hour while on a longer run.
I hope everyone has an incredible start to your Memorial Day Weekend. Any plans?
See you at the start line