Hope everyone had a wonderful Thursday!
I’m skipping right over the morning as it was nothing special, and going right into my chiropractor appointment.
First of all, I have to say just how much I love Huebner Chicropractic and I’m so glad I made the appointment when i wasn’t really satisfied after seeing an orthopedic doctor last week. As you know, Monday I saw the chiro and had an initial exam and x-rays done. I really liked Dr. Earley & Dr. Schroeder and I felt very welcomed and comfortable on both visits.
After I checked in this afternoon, they gave me a packet which explained about the office, that some abnormalities were found, and information about orthotics. When I got called to the back, I finally got to see my X-Rays and have a conversation about all the things wrong. Let me just bullet point it for you. Grab a glass of wine (or something harder) and enjoy;
- Mild scoliosis and only 2 degrees away from it being upgraded to moderate (which is worse). Just lovely
- My spine was so misaligned in the neck area the Dr couldn’t believe I wasn’t in severe pain. All the time.
- One hip/pelvis bone sits higher than the other
- One shoulder is higher than the other and my posture sucks
- My ankle pain is most likely caused my the fact that my body is so out of alignment
- As a result of one hip being higher than the other, when I run it’s as if I’m carrying an extra 40 pounds on my right ankle – Another reason it’s messed up.
- The Dr. said she would be able to fix my neck and pelvis, but that there was nothing she could do to fix the scoliosis. Once you hit about 20 years old and your growth plates close, there isn’t anything they can do to reverse, etc..
- I had my spine worked on, neck fixed for now and my pelvis worked on as well. She is going to keep working on things to get me back into shape, and mold my spine to feel a bit better, etc… I haven’t ever had issues before, but as a result of it curving a bit it’s created other issues. So, it’s important to correct those and I’ll be good to go!
- I’ll be spending way too much money on orthodics that will be molded and shaped for my feet. It will make a huge difference and hopefully rid of the pronating I do that bothers that leg as well. Don’t be jealous, I’m a hot mess. LOL
- I have to see the chiro 3 times a week for the next month, but I’m looking forward to it all very much! I’ll feel so much better than I have in years!
- The also found a spot in my abdominal area and I have to go to another place to get an XRay to eliminate anything crazy (doesn’t think cancer as it was a perfectly round dot and cancer is usually jagged). Probably just fatty tissue, but I want to be sure!
I had to break up all that boring reading you were doing by posting the final email confirmation for next weekends Marathon in Houston. I’m still hopeful, but the Dr’s did say that they would have me ready to go for Austin and New Orleans in February. I really really really really want to run Houston! 10 days!!!!
On top of all the exhilarating bullet points above, I not only get my orthodic fittings on Monday, but see the chiro Mon/Wed/Friday AND have my ARP consultation on Monday as well. I’m so excited to see what they can do not only for my sports injury but for my running performance as well. I think I’m going to get the Neuro Sports Performance & Rehab group (who performs the ARP) out to some of the Scallywompus race events as well. Stay tuned!
Emmy was sore from sleeping all day, so wanted us to roll her out. LOL! Isn’t she just the cutest? I love this sweet girl. She brings us a lot of joy, that is for sure 🙂
Even though the appointment revealed less than steller findings, I’m happy that most of it can be worked on and maintained. I’m also excited to see how much better I will fill in the next month. The ARP sounds like a dream come true and after speaking to Paul and Mark today I can’t wait to give it a whirl and work closer with them. Stay tuned for more about ARP and my Chiro journey.. I will be better and I will be running harder, faster and stronger than ever before!
When I got home, I rambled on about my day for quite some time (Lynn is the best) and then I got started on dinner while Lynn watched Instagram movies and laughed the entire time from the couch. LOL! I love my girl and it’s been nice cooking this week and enjoying dinner together over some fun TV.
Speaking of TV. We started watching the Netflix series YOU. If you haven’t watched it yet I suggest you start right now. It’s such a good show.. mysterious, characters that are shady but you want to root for…. complicated relationships and people. Love it! I think there is a sequel to it as well.
I made a garlic lemon baked salmon, roasted broccoli tossed in olive oil, lemon juice and a bit of Parmesan and S&P + Crushed Red Pepper. Then I made a few side salads with mine being enough to feed 3. We were both miserably full, but so worth it! Plus, we have leftovers. For dessert, I gorged on skittles. It was a rough day 🙂
Even Emmy wanted a piece of it all! I dropped some broccoli on the floor and she went to town. I think we have a future vegetarian on our hands now. HAHAHA!
Anyways, I appreciate you reading through my day. If you have any advice on orthotics, ARP or just want to give feedback or experience with anything chiropractor I’d love to hear about it!
I’m excited to work towards a stronger me!
Too late to proofread – Expecting lot of OOPS!
See you at the start line!
– Have you ever been to a chiropractor?
– I still need recipes… salmon and tilapia or any other kind of fish or chicken would be amazing!
– What are you most looking forward to this weekend?